Module 6: Internet & Email (12 hours)
- Understanding the World Wide Web
- A discussion of Web basics, including links, major Web protocols, the makeup of URLs, and Web programming
- Multimedia on the Web
- A guide to the multimedia phenomenon
- The Web and You
- A guide to the social Web and how you can participate SEARCH TOOLS
- How to Choose a Search Engine or Derectory
- A chart listing numerous features and the search engines & directories that support them
- The World of Search Engines
Covers search engine basics, general search engines
- Choose a Google search engine and learn how it works
- Google Maps - street maps or satellite maps, directions and business search, they even have traffic information for some cities
- SEARCH TECHNIQUES
- Boolean Searching on the Internet
- The principles of Boolean search logic and the manifestations of this logic on Web search engines
- Basic Search Techniques
- A basic how-to guide for creating AND, OR, NOT, phrase, and field searches
- FINDING CONTENT
- Finding Scholarly Content on the Web
- Tips on finding high quality content for your research
- Keeping Current
- A brief guide to keeping up with the latest happenings on the Web
- What is Email ?
- Create a free e-mail account using Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail.
- Reading messages
- Sending messages with file attachment
- Email Etiquette
- Clearly summarize your message in the subject line.
- Don't use the CC (Carbon Copy) function to copy your message to everyone.
- Use BCCs (Blind Carbon Copies) when addressing a message that will go to a large group of people who don't necessarily know each other.
- Avoid using all capital letters.
- Email Viruses
- Create a free account using Facebook
- Post, view pictures in the Facebook
- Interview questions and answers discussion
- Written test
- Oral presentation test